Dear Loyal Guest
First, let us thank you. We are only able to contact you today because you were generous enough to join our loyalty program, or share your email address and give us permission to contact you outside of our restaurant. Too often it goes unsaid, but we really appreciate that. Your generosity helps to reinforce the bond between you and our American Burger Company family, and implicit in that bond is our promise that we will be there for you at critical moments to responsibly deliver important messages like this one. So again, thank you.
People come first in our business. Our leadership team spends every day making sure that nothing comes before the well-being of guests like yourself and all of our team members who work hard to deliver the enjoyable experience for which American Burger Company is known.
Each of us is currently dealing with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in some aspect of our personal or professional lives, and we wanted to take the time to update you on how we protect your well-being in our restaurants.
We have always maintained the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation and food safety. Our internal policies and practices have always been designed to meet and exceed where possible the rules set by national, state and local authorities. This means that even before the recent coronavirus outbreak our team members were trained and managed under a comprehensive set of policies designed to exceed standards in the following areas relevant to your physical well-being:
- Personal Health and Hygiene
- Food Product Safety and Sanitation
- Premises Safety and Sanitation
- Equipment Safety and Sanitation
- Vendor and Supply Chain Safety and Sanitation
When novel coronavirus was first reported in the U.S. in late January, our team immediately began to take steps to help ensure the well-being of everyone who visits one of our restaurants. In the United States the authoritative health organization that sets standards during an event like this is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you are not already following the CDC, you may receive its unfiltered guidance on Twitter (@CDCgov) or its regularly-updated website (www.cdc.gov).
The CDC has set guidance for mitigating the risk of novel coronavirus transmission, and we are practicing the following additional steps built around that guidance:
- Specialized training to each team member on novel coronavirus warning signs and symptoms
- Leaders trained to regularly evaluate team members for symptoms
- Corporate monitoring of evolving standards with a system to deliver updates to team members
- Leave policies designed to make our team members feel free to stay home and not work sick
- Targeted evaluation of risk factors specific to novel coronavirus with mitigation plans for each
- More frequent and deeper surface disinfecting that far exceeds CDC guidance
- Targeted and more frequent disinfecting in high-touch areas
- Ubiquitous availability of approved sanitizing products for team members and guests
- Reducing risk by removing self-serve items (condiments, flatware, etc.) from communal areas
- Reorganizing restaurants to promote “social distancing” among team members and guests
Staying ahead of this situation and keeping you informed are at the top of our list. We have a dedicated team working with our executives to monitor and implement best practices established by governing health authorities so that we continue to ensure the well-being of our guests and team members. This includes guidance not only from the CDC but from state and local health authorities, as they may provide better insight to circumstances and strategies pertinent to the location of your favorite restaurant.
At the same time, we recognize that innovation and good ideas can come from anywhere, so we invite you to share your ideas with us by contacting us at email@example.com.
As you have seen over the past several days, this situation is very fluid and new information is coming in with increasing pace and volume. We intend to keep you notified should important information that we believe you can use comes to light. Please be aware that, depending on local conditions, we may be required to modify our restaurant operations and/or hours of operation.
We would also like to remind you that our delicious food is available to go:
- For self-pick-up, just order through our app or website, and we will have it waiting in our sanitized pick-up area when you arrive
- If you would like it delivered to wherever you are, you may order through our app or website and our partners at DoorDash will bring it to you
At American Burger Company, we believe that hospitality is important when it is done right because it creates a comfortable place to bring people together regardless of their personal backgrounds and ideals. There has scarcely been a more apt time to make sure that hospitality is done right, because the support we can lend each other is important to getting through this.
We appreciate you and are working without stop to make sure that we continue to earn your appreciation in return.
– Your American Burger Company Family